The A__UHD Core is the next-generation audio engine for Lawo’s mc² audio production consoles, which was recently introduced as a complete replacement of the Nova73 cores bringing exciting new networking and DSP features for the mc2 56 and 96 desks.
Featuring 1024 DSP channels (compared to Nova73's max. 500), flexible licensing policy, its dynamic allocation for up to 4 consoles and even a possibility of hot-spare geographical redundancy it clearly shifts the gears of the entire audio production industry.
To deploy the A__UHD core solution, simply plug up to four pairs of ST2110 2022-7 streaming ports to the network, where it meets stageboxes, consoles and even 3rd party devices, use the brilliant and systematic HOME application for device setup and stream routing and your installation is ready to go!
The A__UHD Core can be used in various applications:
- as a DSP core for a single console
- as a SMPTE ST2110 audio channel shuffler (shuffling up to 2048x2048 I/O channels from/to up to 512/512 streams)
- as a DSP core for multiple consoles or headless (no desk) automated mixing environments (with 4 virtual mixers in total)
Even more A__UHD Core highlights:
- Sampling rates 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz (global selection for the whole device)
- 40-bit floating point processing
- Stream sizes from 1 to 128 channels
- Upmix (stereo to 5.1) on every channel
- Multiple downmix matrices
- 32 Automix groups
- Multitude of new DSP modules and surround modes on the roadmap